Sunday, March 8, 2009

We Blog!



After years of holding back we have finally decided to Blog! So here is our first attempt. We were enjoying a nice Sunday dinner in the backyard today (I love 80 degree weather in March) so I decided to take some pictures. We have been working really hard the last week to get our yard the way we've always wanted it to be. We have planted, weeded, moved, chopped, trimmed, fed, etc. all week long. Yesterday, Christopher got up in the tree with a brand new chain saw and went to work thinning it out a little and taking it out of the neighbors electrical wires. A friend encouraged him to try it without requesting the power company turn off those wires. I asked what he (the friend) would do if I lost my husband on the off chance that no harm happened (husband, chainsaw, tree, powerlines, not a good mix). He offered his 21 year-old son who is currently serving a mission as a replacement. Luckily Christopher is safe and Andrew is off the hook. The yard looks great! The sandbox is ready for play. We've got a big new rectangular patio table that actually seats all of us, as opposed to the small round one that didn't. Some of the plants are in the ground, others will be planted soon. We've started the lettuce, broccoli, lavender, chives, basil, and cilantro. We started our garlic in december. We also have a plethera of blooms from daffodil, lily, tulip, croccus, and muscari. We are so excited for spring!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for a new blog. I have two, although our family one is private (you can have an invitation if you want. I like keeping in contact with my cousins this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you guys are bloggers now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was actually me, not Jonathan. Although I am sure he is equally excited to keep up with you guys by blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, you will now have one more thing to check online and waste time on. I'm sure we'll see you guys around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see some photos of the kids on their, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you are Blogging! Now when someone asks what you are doing you can say, "Blogging"! I think that sounds so funny. Like a sound that a little kid makes. Michael is sure that is how it got it's name.

    Kids look great! Happy to hear about the yard! I can not wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying not to be jealous that you are planting a garden while I'm wondering when the sub-zero temperature is going to leave for good. Yikes! Love the blog background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A garden!!! That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete