Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Piano Recital 2011





Isabelle started taking Piano in September of 2010 from one of my friends in our ward. She caught on pretty quickly and is doing very well. Jack started in June after school got out, and he, too, is doing well. Karissa decided she wanted them to have the recital experience so they, and two boys from the ward, Bradley (Jack's best friend) and Ethan Farnsworth, who are taking from their mom, had a recital together at church on June 19th.


They each played 3 songs, then Karissa handed out some medals that we'd ordered with their names on them, and we enjoyed punch and cookies. The whole thing took about 15 minutes but it was loads of fun and I really enjoyed seeing them play like this in a 'formal' setting (it was at church).


They are using the Alfred's books, Jack is in 1A, and Isabelle has moved on to 1B. He played Old McDonald from memory, Lost my Parter, and Sailor Jack (of course). She played the Indian Song (from 1A) from memory, I've Been Wishin', and Hayride.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go to these things. Your kids are adorable! I can hardly believe what a lady Belle is growing up to be. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete