Friday, March 25, 2011

Jack's hockey grin!

His teeth have always been adorable to me, I love the big space in the middle of his two front teeth, but I'll admit, it gets rather old having to explain to people on a daily, yes I get asked at least once every day, basis that 'no, he hasn't lost a tooth he just has a big space.' So I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for this tooth to fall out for a while and I've been pretty excited about it. The last couple of days it's been hanging on by a thread. When he was headed to bed I checked his tooth like always and it's barely in there. He freaked out thinking I was going to pull it out and hurt him. He got hysterical when Christopher suggested we get out the video camera and film him while we tie a string to his tooth and attach it to a door knob to slam. Amid all his hysterics, I asked him if I could check it again, at which time I pulled the tooth out without him knowing it. He continued to freak out about how much it would hurt him if I pulled it and then I showed him that it was in my hand. Hysterics done. Now we have this adorable grin to see and I don't have to explain away the space anymore, because "Yes, he lost his tooth."

2 comments:

  1. Fun, and he will days out of feeling the space with his tongue and showing everyone where he lost his tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Conrad lost a tooth yesterday too! The tooth fariy only had $.56. She almost broke her leg getting to his pillow so she was not very happy but he was.

    ReplyDelete