Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break

As with every year, we spent most of Spring Break working in the yard. Every year we have improved our garden space a little more as well as our landscaping, but this year, I think we finally got it right. When we moved into this house 4 years ago, this space was all grass. A little at a time we've turned it into a more functional and practical garden space as well as the perfect oasis for our family. We've got an out door kitchen on the porch as well as our out door dining room and Christopher got a brand new grill for his early birthday present, The main garden has all of the vegetables and we ran a hose underneath the porch and under the path, it comes up in the middle of the vegetable garden so watering will be much easier. There is an herb garden in my garden boxes (on the right of the picture), and the path looks wonderful, there are also flowers blooming all over the rest of the yard. Christopher works so hard in the yard and I am so glad that it turned out so well. I'm proud of all that he does for our home and family.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! I would love to come over for an outside dinner. (Or an inside dinner) Allison and I are thinking maybe we'll invite ourselves for dinner towards the beginning of November if that works for you. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to enjoy the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so nice. Our backyard was beautiful when we moved in, but we are not outdoorsy kind of people and it is severly neglected currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful outdoor space! I have to say I'm a little jealous! You've done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I know we love to spend time with you outside when we visit!

    ReplyDelete